Daily CLUE Challenge for High School Students
The current challenge will be at the top of this page.
- April 17, 2020 - Grab some Diet Coke and Mentos, and create a Mentos fountain! Take a picture of your mess and post it on Twitter with #clue901 so we can see how high your fountain exploded! (Be sure to ask for permission from an adult first and to conduct this experiment outside.)
- April 16, 2020 – Build something gooey and explore the real-world benefits of polymers.
- April 15, 2020 – Complete a cost-benefit analysis of a solar farm. What consequences exist for having solar farms across large plots of land?
- April 14, 2020 – See if you can Curb the Epidemic. Be sure to let us know how you did!
- April 13, 2020 – Compete in the Egg Drop Challenge! Use materials from around the house to create a safe container for a raw egg, then drop it from different heights to test your engineering. How high can you go? Take a picture and post it on Twitter with #clue901 to show us your creation!
- April 9, 2020 / April 10, 2020 - Choose one of these Scholastic challenges for grades 9-12! Read the article and complete your chosen activity.
- April 8, 2020 - Supply Chain challenge - Read the informational text and take the quiz!
- April 7, 2020 - System Alert gaming challenge - Read the informational text and take the quiz!
- April 6, 2020 - Solve a Math Problem of the Week: https://www.brookline.k12.ma.us/Page/2092 (You pick which one!)
- April 3, 2020 - This challenge takes a few more materials to build, but it would be totally worth it to create your own Harry Potter Wand!
- April 2, 2020 - Solve this real-world STEM problem, either by yourself or with a partner/team. This one is pretty complex but so important! Can your team prevent soil erosion? This challenge involves some math and science as well as critical thinking.
- April 1, 2020 - A bug starts at the bottom of a forty inch hole. It crawls up four inches each day, but every night it slips back three inches. At this rate, how long will it take the bug to crawl out of the hole? (The answer will be sent via tweet tomorrow, so follow @clue901 to see if you figured out the correct answer.)
- March 31, 2020 - Design and build a pair of scissors that can cut through dough. What can you use for the blades?
- March 30, 2020 - Design a town square for the heart of a healthy community. What makes a community healthy and strong?